The number of Foundation Apprenticeship places continues to expand with nearly 2,000 on offer this year to school pupils in over 110 schools.
SDS has recently awarded contracts to delivery partners across Scotland and over 1,900 places will be available after the summer holidays in all local authority areas and in 10 frameworks.
Pupils can currently apply for the existing and new frameworks:
- Business Skills
- Civil Engineering
- Creative and Digital Media (new)
- Financial Services
- Hardware and System Support
- Scientific Technologies (new)
- Social Services – Children and Young People
- Social Services and Healthcare
- Software Development
In August last year more than 350 young people started Foundation Apprenticeships across 26 local authorities in eight different frameworks including financial services and engineering.