BEMIS Scotland is piloting a race equality training course aimed at Training Providers and Employers delivering Apprenticeships..
The course, entitled ‘Improving sustainable outcomes for ethnic minority communities’, assumes no previous knowledge, and will take participants through a number of key areas related to advancing race equality:
- The legislative and policy context.
- How to ‘map’ the local area you work in – especially in terms of the ethnic diversity that exists within your area.
- Building an effective marketing strategy to encourage ethnic minority participation.
- The benefits of having an inclusive workforce.
- The practical application of what you have learned with reference to equality action plans.
- Measuring impact and evaluating processes – are you making a difference?
Places are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis. We kindly ask everyone wishing to take part to register on Eventbrite. The link for the sign up page is: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/improving-sustainable-outcomes-for-ethnic-minority-communities-tickets-43087693451 (You will need to give a password to access the site – this is Bemistraining).
The course is made up of two 3-hour sessions which will take place on the following alternative Tuesdays:
- 13 March
- 27 March
All sessions will run from 11am to 2.30pm (includes a 30 minute break) at the BEMIS Office. Participants who wish to complete the course have to attend all three sessions.
The BEMIS address is: Centrum Building, 4th Floor, 38 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3DX
If you have any questions about this pilot, please contact BEMIS on email [email protected] or telephone 0141 548 8047.