A new group has been set up by the Scottish Government to support its ambitions to create more, better paid, quality jobs. One of the key actions outlined in the Scottish Government’s Labour Market Strategy, the Strategic Labour Market Group will look at ways of developing:
- Low unemployment and high employment
- A skilled, productive, engaged workforce that meets the needs of employers;
- Equal opportunities to access work and progress in employment
- Fulfilling, secure and well-paid jobs where employees’ contributions are encouraged, respected and valued
- A sustainable working population that can retain and attract new talent.
Chaired by Minister for Employability and Training Jamie Hepburn, the group will also measure the strategy’s progress, make recommendations on adapting to changes in the labour market such as the impact of Brexit, and consider new research on developing the workforce.