The Scottish Government is inviting employers – and other interested parties – to have their say on how Scotland should use its share of the funding from the UK Government’s apprenticeship levy.
A consultation is now open – with responses requested by Friday 26 August 2016.
Click on the links below for more information.
STF will be submitting a response on behalf of its members. To ensure that this response reflects the feelings of members, two workshops will be held to gather feedback:
- Thursday 18 August 2016, City & Guilds Scotland, 144 West George Street, Glasgow, 10.00 – 12.00.
- Wednesday 24 August 2016, College Development Network, Argyll Court, Castle Business Park, Stirling, 10.00 – 12.00.
To book a place at these free member workshops, please email [email protected].com
In addition, a short SurveyMonkey poll will be available shortly for those members who are unable to attend the meetings.
STF Board activity
STF has already been active in seeking feedback from members on their views on how the Levy should be implemented in Scotland:
- The Chief Executive has had one-to-one meetings with around a dozen members to discuss potential options
- The Chief Executive and Vice Chair for Apprenticeships have met with Scottish Government officials to seek background information on possible implementation models
- A special meeting of the Board of Directors will be held in early August to discuss the implications of the Levy.
Members who would like to discuss the Levy in more detail should contact the Chief Executive.