Scottish Government has published its annual Letter of Guidance to Skills Development Scotland, outlining the strategic priorities the agency should pursue in 2018-19.
The SDS budget has increased from £179.6M in 2017-18 to £193.3M in 2018-19. Some of the main priorities identified are:
- 28,000 new Modern Apprenticeships, including 887 Graduate Apprenticeships
- Consideration to be given to `how the MA contracting process could be adapted to facilitate the development of a stronger and higher quality training provider supply chain’
- 2,600 Foundation Apprenticeships to be supported in 2018-19, with a target of 5,000 by 2019-20
- 9,000 Employability Fund places
- SERI – offering support for up to 550 individuals
- ITAs – up to 18,500 new training places.
The full Letter of Guidance – or a short summary from STF – can be downloaded via the links below.