Shaw Trust Scotland are currently looking for partners for Fair Start Scotland, a Scottish Employability support service that provides support to disabled people and those at risk of becoming long-term unemployed to find and retain work. Fair Start Scotland will commence from 3rd April 2018, after a one year transitional programme.
The Service, which is voluntary, aims to support those customers who are significantly disadvantaged in the labour market and who are assessed as having a realistic prospect of securing and sustaining work during their time on the Service.
These customers include:
- Disabled People (as defined in the Equality Act 2010)
- Those who are long term unemployed
- People on the Employment and Support Allowance Work Related Activity Group
- People with convictions/offenders
- Care Experience Young People
- Lone Parents
- Ethnic Minorities
- Resident in the 15% most deprived Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation
- People with a health problem which presents a barrier to employment.
Customers will receive a range of specialised support to address the employability issues and issues related to their health condition through up to 12 months pre-work support and up to 12 months in-work support. More information can be found on Public Contracts Scotland here.
The service will be built on the principles of the Scottish Government Supported Employment Framework, and although not all Customers will follow the Framework, they can all expect a service including key elements of supported employment. The service will also use a segmentation tool to categorise customers in to one of three strands:
- Core Service Strand – for Customers who require a range of support to overcome barriers to work;
- Advanced Service Strand – for Customers who face more significant barriers to work and require specialist interventions and support; and
- Intense Service Strand – for Customers with multiple and more complex needs, and significant barriers to work, that require the support of dedicated specialist organisations.
We are looking for End-to-End and Specialist partners in the following Lots:
- Lot 1 Glasgow,
- Lot 2 Lanarkshire (North and South),
- Lot 3 Tayside (Angus, Dundee City, Perth and Kinross),
- Lot 4 Forth Valley (Falkirk, Stirling, Clackmannanshire),
- Lot 5 East (City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, West Lothian, Fife),
- Lot 6 West (East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Renfrewshire and West Dunbartonshire).
If you are interested in becoming our partner for this programme please complete the Expression of Interest at the following link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FairStartScotland by 5pm Thursday 20 April 2017