This year’s STF Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday 29 September and Wednesday 30 September at Crieff Hydro.
The conference theme was `Changing Skills, Changing Lives’ and focussed on two broad areas:
– Firstly, how skills and qualifications continue to develop and evolve in Scotland – and an exploration of some of the forthcoming policy and programme changes.
– Secondly, how skills and training make real differences to individuals; for many people, gaining skills has, quite literally, changed their life.
The Conference and Awards Ceremony were hosted by top broadcaster, Kaye Adams. The speakers were:
– Roseanna Cunningham MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Fair Work, Skills & Training
– Robin Crawford, Board Member, Skills Development Scotland
– Aileen Ponton, Chief Executive, Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework Partnership
– Jean Blair, Director of Operations, Scottish Qualifications Authority
– Stuart McKenna, Chief Executive, Scottish Training Federation
– Alan Clarke, Chief Executive, Scottish Bakers.
SQA sponsored the main conference and annual dinner this year, in recognition of 25 years of SVQs.
Also sponsoring/exhibiting were: MGT Training, Create eLearning, Trainsure, ILM, City & Guilds, STAG, Crieff Hydro, Tribal, Ambition Centre for Training, First4Skills, Remit Training, Sibbald Training, Rathbone, Genius People, Investors in People Scotland, NUS Scotland, L&G Learning, YouTrain, ITC Academy, SDS and the Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework Partnership. STF would like to thank all sponsors and exhibitors for their support.
Highlights from the 2015 Conference can be viewed in the video below.